Enners, Metzger Honored with Jersey RetirementJuly 6, 2018
Pannell Wins Gold Medal with U.S. Men’s LacrosseJuly 25, 2018
Another major honor is in store for Suffolk Sports Hall of Famer, Kevin Cassese.
The Comsewogue alum has been tabbed for induction to the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame for the Class of 2018 in September.
His bio highlights …
- Enjoyed an All-American career at Duke University, earning first team honors as a midfielder in 2002 and 2003 and second team accolades in 2001
- Selected as the recipient of the Donald MacLaughlin Award as the national midfielder of the year in 2002. Cassese earned All-ACC honors three times (2001, 2002, 2003) and was named the ACC Player of the Year in 2001 after leading Duke to the first of two straight league championships
- Tewaaraton Trophy finalist in 2002 and 2003
- Member of the 2002, 2006 and 2010 U.S. Men’s National Teams, winning the gold medal twice and also serving as captain for the 2010 squad
- Seven-year professional career in Major League Lacrosse, earning all-star honors in 2005 and 2006
- Selected as the MLL’s All-Star game MVP in 2006
- Inducted into the US Lacrosse Long Island Metro Chapter’s Hall of Fame in 2013