The Suffolk Sports Hall of Fame is proud to announce its Class of 2023. This is one of the largest induction classes in the history of the Hall of Fame, as voted on by the selection committee.
“We are very proud of this year’s induction class,” said Chris R. Vaccaro, President of the Suffolk Sports Hall of Fame. “These individuals represent the past, present, and future of sporting excellence at various levels of athletics in our county. I can’t wait to celebrate this spring.”
The induction is scheduled for May 18 at East Wind in Wading River, NY. Tickets and sponsorship opportunities are officially available here!
- Carl Adams: Brentwood native and college wrestling coach at Boston University
- Angel Athenas: Special Olympics Power Lifter from Huntington
- Mike Bowler: Longtime Rocky Point High School lacrosse coach
- Joe Donnelly: Longtime baseball writer at Newsday
- Dawn Ellerbe: Central Islip native, Olympian, Cal State Northridge Athletic Director
- Ryan Flanagan: West Islip native, pro lacrosse player and coach
- Ross Gload: East Hampton native, former MLB player
- Joe Grady: Longtime Section XI multi-sport official
- Chris Higgins: Smithtown native, former NHL player
- Pat Kirwan: Former St. Anthony’s coach, NFL front office exec and NFL analyst
- Mike Komisarek: West Islip native, former NHL player
- Pat Lafontaine: Town of Huntington resident, former NHL player
- Chris La Morte: Sachem alum and former international gymnast
- Ed McGuire: Riverhead native and EVP of LA Chargers
- Tim Melia: East Islip native and MLS player
- Tom Migliozzi: Longtime Half Hollow Hills West baseball coach
- Ralph Napolitano: Longtime Brentwood wrestling coach
- Christopher Pendergast: ALS Ride for Life Founder; lived in Miller Place
- Jen Sabatelle: Shoreham-Wading River alum, EVP of Communications at CBS Sports
- John Scully: Holy Family alum, Notre Dame All-American, former NFL player
- Julia Smit: Mount Sinai alum, Olympic swimmer
- Justin Turri: West Islip alum, pro lacrosse player, NCAA lacrosse coach
- Missy Wassell Foote: Ward Melville alum, Hall of Fame college lacrosse coach
- Historic inductees: Ralph Sammy Bunn, Carlton “Hub” Edwards, and Constantine Ricci, who played semi-pro baseball in leagues across Long Island in the early to mid-1900s.
ABOUT SUFFOLK SPORTS HOF: The Suffolk Sports Hall of Fame is a non-profit established in 1990 to honor outstanding people, living or deceased, who have made substantial contributions to professional and amateur sports on behalf of themselves and Suffolk County. The Hall of Fame has exhibits at Fairfield Properties Ballpark (home of the Long Island Ducks), the Town of Huntington Townhall, the Section XI offices in Farmingville, Long Island Sports and Rehabilitation in Holbrook, and Long Island MacArthur Airport. Learn more at SuffolkSportsHOF.com.
TICKETS: Get tickets and sponsorship opportunities here!
CONTACT: Chris R. Vaccaro I SuffolkHOF@gmail.com I Social: @SuffolkHOF